All Folkestone & Hythe District Council recycling and waste services are currently running as normal
Recycling and waste services update
All Folkestone & Hythe District Council recycling and waste services are currently running as normal.
Bin collections during COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
Rubbish collection is a high priority council service, provided by Veolia and we will do everything possible to keep it going whatever the circumstances.
We ask residents to help us and your bin collectors to keep the service running by taking extra precautions when disposing of your rubbish. Where possible please ensure that:
- all domestic waste is disposed of in sealed bags
- your bin lid is firmly closed
- you continue placing your recycling (purple lid) and garden waste (brown lid) in the usual bins
Residents with symptoms of coronavirus COVID-19
For people suffering with symptoms associated with coronavirus (COVID-19) there are Public Health England guidelines regarding the disposal of waste. This includes:
- sealing personal waste such as tissues and disposable cleaning cloths in smaller plastic bags
- storing these bags for 72 hours before bagging
- double bagging this type of waste
- placing these double bagged bags in your refuse wheeled bin (green lid) or purple sacks